Thursday, November 21, 2013

Why I read

I read, because I am supposed to read for class work. I just don't like to read, I think it is boring and a waste of time. Also reading doesn't entertain me that much. The only books I do like to read are mystery books, or books by Yann Martel. People say that reading enhances your mind, but I don’t think it does that much, because reading I think is just talking to yourself in your head, but with a planned out story. Also sometimes I am too busy to read. I’d much rather pick a book to read than to be assigned a book to read for a class, because usually the books that teachers give me I end up not liking at all. I do like however that books are now starting to become available on devices like kindles and iPads and iPhones. I think that one of the main reasons that I don’t like to read is because I can’t usually find a book that I am that into. If anything I think books are a really good way to fall asleep.                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

5 comments:

  1. maybe you would like to read more if you found a bool that interested you instead of the ones givin to you at school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that there has to be something you like! You could go to goodreads.com and they give you book recomendations to find a book you reallly enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sad to hear that you don't enjoy reading that much... Try getting recommendations from friends, websites,etc. and you are bound to find something you like. Or, on a flip-note, choose a book that you think that you normally would never think to read; you don't like what you're reading now, so you might as well give it a shot:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to hate reading, but when you find a book you like its actually fun to read

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the honesty of how you describe your experience. I think your definition of reading as talking in your head is interesting--do you think that's true of all reading or just certain types of reading?

    I agree that required reading is a much different experience than reading something you choose, like Life of Pi.

    ReplyDelete