Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Summer Reading Assignment: Post 3

     One section that I believe will "hook" a reader in The book thief is in the opening pages of the book. The reason I believe that this will hook readers is because you have to pay close attention to the book to find out who the true narrator is. I don't want to give anything away, but I will tell you that the narrator of this book is not from this world, and no one can see him until they die. It took me until the third or fourth chapter of the  book to fully understand the real narrator of the book. I, myself thought that the narrator was just some random person or some godlike figure, at one point I even considered the narrator to be Liesel Meminger herself to be telling the story in third person. One other part of this book that I felt could hook its readers was the chapter titled "A jewish fist fighter" the reason I thought could also hook a reader is because it shows the better side of Leisel's foster mother, and it shows the struggle of the jews back in that time period, not only that, but it demonstrates what people would do to keep people safe from the wrath of Hitler and his Nazi force no matter what their religion was.

No comments:

Post a Comment