Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Doctor Sleep English 1-B

     Stephen King's Doctor Sleep is still one of the most interesting books I have ever read. Stephen does a good job showing Dan's life, I do not know of anyone personally who has an alcohol addiction, but what I have heard from people telling me it is just like Dan in the story. Drinks, stops finds a job, stops for a while, somehow gets dragged back in, repeat. To me the best thing about the book is how detailed Stephen king is, however this is also one of the bad things because Stephen paints a good image of whats going on, but some of the things aren't exactly "PG." The one major bad thing about the book is the length, I just don't like really long books, but so far Stephen has made me want to keep reading on.

     In this book Stephen King uses strong vocabulary, but not too strong to the point where I can't understand the book. Where I am is Dan has just decided to throw away a bottle of  "intoxicating liquids" so I think that he is going to drink again and is going to have to find another job and move to another place, but the difference is that this time somehow someone is going to try and drug his drink, someone that isn't alive. Also I predict that eventually he will find his way back the "The Knot."

No comments:

Post a Comment